Neurodynamics of the lower limbs
Biopsychosocial management of neuropathic pain and neuropathy of the lower limb
Training for chiropodists and physiotherapists
An original format for the bio-psycho-social management of neuropathic pain and neuropathy of the lower limb.
Neuromusculoskeletal examination, clinical reflection according to the neurophysiological mechanisms involved, “patient-centered” therapeutic strategy, neurodynamic techniques…
A 10-hour VOD on pain neuroscience, included, must be done before the face-to-face internship.
Price: 750 €
At the end of this training, the professional will be able to have an overview of the neurophysiological mechanisms involved in pain.
He will be able to set up a therapeutic strategy according to the bio-psycho-social mechanisms involved.
To do this, he will learn to choose, adapt and master the following manual therapy tools:
Testing and diagnosis of the peripheral nervous system and the different sensory fibers
Neural mobilization (gliding, sliding)
Passive and active joint mobilization
Modification of motor control in a cognitive and functional approach
Understand the mechanisms and the different components of pain linked to the evolution of neuroscience
Develop patient-centered care, by identifying the patient's bio-psycho-social risk factors
Learn to choose, adapt and master neurodynamic tests and techniques
List of target audiences
Physiotherapists DE or Osteopaths DO
Trainees participating in the training are strongly advised to have watched Laurent Fabre's VOD, on the neurosciences of pain. This VOD can be viewed, free of charge, for all validated registrations.
There is no other prerequisite to register for this training than to be a professional in one of the targeted professions.
Duration of training and organizational arrangements
The duration of the training: 21 hours,
Over 3 days
Max workforce: 20 people
Day 1 :
• Self-quiz and e-learning debrief
• Objectives of pain management.
• How it will unfold: The 4 modules.
2. Diagnostic approach (Module 1)
• Revision of the multidimensional framework of clinical understanding (O'Shaugnessy and Jones; O'Sullivan, Walton)
• Yard and red flags
• Fishing with yellow flags during the anamnesis
• Clinical cases and role plays: recognize the mechanisms, questions to ask, the different questionnaires (STartBack, CSI)
3. The neurodynamic approach (Module 2)
• Difference Mechanosensitivity- Neuropathic Pain-Neuropathy
• Mechanosensitivity: Palpation and provocation (SLUMP, SLR, PKB, sciatic, tibial, fibular, femoral, saphenous nerves)
• Function test: examinations of all types of fibers, reflection dermatome / sensory territory / central sensitization / myotome / motor territory
The neurodynamic approach (Module 2)
• Clinical prediction rule and test cluster
• Mechanical provocation and cancellation test for nociceptive pain
• Motor control: Posture and Movement
o Analysis of motor control (flexion type, active extension, passive extension)
o Correlation or absence of correlation with the mechanical behavior of pain (Posture sitting, standing, bending, lifting)
o Practical session
4. Treatment (Module 3)
• Evidence (various reviews and guidelines)
• Principles of treatment (desensitization, drainage of neural tissue)
• Algorithm for the choice of techniques according to mechanosensitivity / stenosis
• Treatment protocols
5. The neurodynamic diagnostic approach (Module 1 and 2)
• Resumption of the complete clinical examination
• Demonstration and Training
• Resumption of clinical cases
6. Module 4: Therapeutic Strategies
• The 3D of the therapeutic approach
• Cognitive and functional management adapted to nociceptive, neuropathic and central pain
• Metaphors and prosody
• What we say and what we do
• Total management (posture, ergonomics, advice, etc.).
Laurent Fabre is an osteopath DO graduated from CEESO Paris.
Holder of two university diplomas in anatomy (Universities Paris V and Paris Ouest), since 2005 he has been teaching palpatory and clinical anatomy as well as dissection.
Laurent has been working in his own practice since 2002, he specializes in the diagnosis of neuro-musculoskeletal pain and the treatment of radicular pain / radiculopathies. He is also passionate about neuroscience and maintains a blog on pain management in manual therapy.
His areas of interest mainly focus on the neurophysiological mechanisms of pain, the reliability of osteopathic diagnosis and the physiological effects of manual osteopathic treatment. Co-author of articles published in indexed scientific journals as well as speaker at international osteopathic congresses, he is involved in research (PHRC Hôpital Cochin, COME, IJOM reviewer).
du 1 au 3 décembre 2022
DPC : Validé (kinésithérapeute) - N° Action de DPC 2022 : 99MJ2200004
FIFPL : En attente de validation (Formation susceptible d'être prise en charge, sous réserve des budgets annuels) pour les kinésithérapeutes, les podologues, les ostéopathes et les chiropracteurs.
Pour connaitre les montants annuels de prise en charge FIFPL pour votre profession, cliquez ici : FIFPL
Pour connaitre les montants annuels de prise en charge DPC pour votre profession, cliquez ici : DPC
Lieu de la formation, horaires, conditions d'accès, hébergements, restauration : consultez le Livret d'accueil stagiaire